UBC Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triathlon Eating Plan

2 posters

Go down

Triathlon Eating Plan Empty Triathlon Eating Plan

Post by Frikster Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello there

I'm in Totem and way too indecisive when it comes to deciding what to eat. Now, I'm eccentrically health-conscious so am wondering whether anyone knows of a a fair triathlon eating plan so that I don't have to spend time deciding what to eat and know that I'm eating healthy. This would be as easy as googling "trithlono eating plan," except that I am, for the most part, constrained to the the food that Totem's cafeteria offers.

Anybody know of or follow an eating plan that I could use with the cafeteria and sub?
Thanks
Frik

Frikster

Back to top Go down

Triathlon Eating Plan Empty Re: Triathlon Eating Plan

Post by vgilbert Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 am

Well I don't have an eating plan per say for you to follow but I can give you a few pointers about eating healthy. Maybe you already know all this but in terms of having to eat cafeteria food all the time you definitely want to try and stay away from things that are fried and choose things that are baked instead. In terms of breakfast I'd say try and find foods that you would eat if you were still at home, things like toast, whole grain cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit. I rarely eat at the SUB but I do know that Sprouts (in the basement) serves really good soup for lunch (but you have to bring your own container or eat there because they don't use takeout containers), they also always have an assortment of baked goods. You could also think about buying bread or bagels and eating peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch sometimes. And then for dinner like I said before try to avoid the fried foods and make sure you always have some veggies on your plate or a salad (that isn't smothered in creamy salad dressing). In my opinion the simpler and less processed your food is the better it is for you.

Hope that helps you a bit.

vgilbert

Back to top Go down