UBC Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike Practice

3 posters

Go down

Bike Practice Empty Bike Practice

Post by kbeckseder Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:48 am

It has come to our attention that several new members of the club are interested in riding, but only have access to a hybrid or mountain bike. The logistics of running bike practices make it very difficult to account for the big difference in speed between road and hybrid/mountain bikes. For this reason, we are disallowing mountain bikes on our Saturday morning rides and requiring that people who ride on Saturday be able to keep up with about a 25kph peloton.

That being said, I encourage those of you who have mountain bikes to get in touch with one another (using the forum here: https://ubctriathlon.aforumfree.com/everything-else-f9/ ) and ride together! Ideally then, we will have two groups of riders. We don't wish to exclude people from riding, but we also don't want them dropped at the back and riding all alone. If you are nervous about keeping up with the peloton on your road bike, come to a practice and give it a try!

kbeckseder

Back to top Go down

Bike Practice Empty New member - ride question

Post by janicem Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:07 am

I'm a very new member, recovering from a cuboid injury. So just swimming and some riding for me right now. I joined the club because it said it welcomed beginners, so I would really love it if there were group rides organised for different levels. Without that the club feels somewhat incomplete.

Thanks for listening.
Janice

janicem

Back to top Go down

Bike Practice Empty Re: Bike Practice

Post by Anthony5450 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Good idea. Need to keep the pack together.

Anthony5450

http://www.sprinttriathlontrainingprogram.com

Back to top Go down

Bike Practice Empty Re: Bike Practice

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down