UBC Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Cycling Events!!!

2 posters

Go down

Upcoming Cycling Events!!! Empty Upcoming Cycling Events!!!

Post by kbeckseder Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:49 am

We have three cycling events coming up!

Please make a special effort to attend the Bike Skills Camp on October 7th. We would all really like to improve our ability to ride in a group on our group rides and at this camp, you'll be able to practice and improve your bike handling skills!

September Cross Camp:

After hearing a number of people express interest in my favourite fall activity, Cyclocross, I'd like to invite everyone who is keen to try it out, or get a feel for what it might be like to come out to a skills camp on Thursday, September 30. We'll be meeting at 5pm at the University Hill Secondary School (Grass fields in the back). I'll introduce you to the basics of cross, run some skill drills, and maybe more. Bring your bike as cross ready as possible. You don't need the bike to be cross ready, it'll just make it easier, but if you just want to come out with what you have, that is fine. Some ideas for setting your bike up for cross include: Running knobbie tyres, mountain bike clip-ins OR flat pedals and trail shoes with good bite, remove any bottle cages you have in the main triangle of the frame. If you have a mountain bike you can use that instead.

West Coast Racing Presents Vanier Park Cyclocross Classic:

Sunday, October 3rd, come down to Vanier park to witness and race one of the most exciting cross events in BC this year! Registration opens at 10AM, racing starts at 11AM. Whether you want to try your legs at cross or just sit back and cheer on the riders this day will be a blast. The weather will bring the mud, but you have to bring the cowbells! For those of you interested in racing for the first time, you'll need a race license ($50 for citizen class and racing on race day). Otherwise the event is free. Full details are available here: http://westcoastracing.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=73. I look forward to seeing you all down there!

Skills Camp:

On Thursday, October 7, we'll be meeting at 5pm at the University Hill Secondary School (Fields in the back) for a fun filled evening of simple drills and games to help you ride your bike better and with more confidence. We'll have go slow races, foot down, skill building exercises, comfort drills and more to get you feeling confident when it comes to riding in our group rides. Come out with your bike, a water bottle (or other tall beverage container that is easily transportable by bike), a helmet, and clothes your comfortable riding in (and maybe getting a little damp, weather depending). See you there.

kbeckseder

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Cycling Events!!! Empty Re: Upcoming Cycling Events!!!

Post by janicem Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:57 am

The skills camp sounds great - how long is it? Might need to arrange childcare.

janicem

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeckseder Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:04 am

I'm just taking a guess: no more than 2 hours?

kbeckseder

Back to top Go down

Post by janicem Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks Smile

janicem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down