UBC Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Scheduled Rides

Go down

Saturday Scheduled Rides Empty Saturday Scheduled Rides

Post by RidePlanet Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey all,

I'm the "bike coach", so I figured I'd get a quick feel for what people are looking for, and what we'll be doing when it comes to the bike portion of your training.

Currently the only ride I have planned/time for is a Saturday morning no-drop distance ride. We'll meet outside the aquatics centre and ride to Stanley park. I really like this ride as it gets some nice rolling hills to warm up, and we can do hard rides in the park proper without the worry of losing anyone. Depending on the crowd we may continue on to Horseshoe bay for added volume. Feel free to bring new people to the rides, I don't mind riding with 160 people, and it's good for your skills.

On the topic of what bike to bring: I understand a number of people won't have access to a road bike, or performance machine. In the cases when there are a few people on mountain bikes or who simply feel they won't be able to keep up with the main group we'll try and run a second group (one lead by myself, the other lead by another rider who knows the plan). I can't promise this every week as it's number dependant, but we'll try and make it work.

If you want some rides or training to do on your own to supplement the spinning classes and volume rides that are already planned feel free to fire me an email (agentplant[ at ]gmail[ dot ]com) and I can try and figure something out for you. It should be noted I'm not a certified coach for cycling, my knowledge comes from a number of years of racing on the road and track.

See you Saturdays.

RidePlanet

Back to top Go down

Saturday Scheduled Rides Empty Re: Saturday Scheduled Rides

Post by RidePlanet Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Cross season has started, and I've got a cross bike this year and I raging desire to kill myself so I plan on doing as many of these races as possible.

As a result, I may not be able to make it to a lot of our training rides over the next few weeks (leading into November). I'll try and tell someone who's going on the ride what to do (how far, etc.).

You aren't completely rid of me though, a lot of the races are on Sundays so I'll still come out for the ride. Right now I am limited by a lack of a rear wheel (the road rim I have with me is cracked in several places and will explode soon), but I'll be out any Saturday I can.

RidePlanet

Back to top Go down